Terms and Conditions as 29/01/2021
Set out below are the terms on which Diamond Skincare Ltd provides service to its clients. Please see the Addendum in relation to COVID-19. These additions and amendments to our normal business terms and conditions have been implemented to ensure that we provide the safest environment during the COVID- 19 pandemic.
All appointments are subject to availability and Diamond Skin Care Ltd reserves the right to:
- Refuse consultations and treatments to verbally or physically abusive patients.
- Alter full retail charges as influenced by registration and market forces.
Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any treatment.
1. Cancellation Policy Booking a consultation:- Should you need to cancel or reschedule we kindly ask that you call us 2 working days before your appointment.
- 2 working days prior to appointment 0% refund and non transferable
- 2 Plus working days prior to appointment full refund less £10 administration fee.
- Refunds given for failure to attend an appointment of any type are at the sole discretion of Diamond Skincare Ltd., and only available in extenuating circumstances of which the patient may be required to provide evidence. If an appointment is still required, a new appointment must be booked.
This allows us to manage our diaries and offer the appointment time to another patient.
2. Credit card details and payments
- To secure an appointment with Diamond Skincare Ltd full payment is required
- Prices may vary for treatments. Please refer to the price list on the website.
- No Cash or contactless payment service is available at the clinic venues
- Diamond Skin Care Ltd will not provide advice on finance
3. In Clinic and Online consultations
- The cost of consultation does not cover the costs of non baseline investigation tests or medication costs
- No guarantee is given of the availability of treatments and/or investigations during a consultation.
- When requesting online consultation, we aim to arrange your appointment within 5 days. This is only valid with queries made between Monday to Thursday due to opening hours of our clinics based on a standard working week.
- Please note that your health insurance may not cover the cost of consultations or treatments. You are advised to check beforehand as refunds cannot be made after consultation or treatments.
4. Treatment suitability and response
- We will always assess whether treatment is suitable for you, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out. If not, we will inform you as to the reasons why.
You will only be liable for the cost of the initial consultation, where applicable.
- Diamond Skin Care Ltd accepts no liability and gives no refunds for any failure to respond to treatment.
- Drug manufacturers are required to list frequent, infrequent and rare side effects of prescription medications. Diamond Skin Care accepts no liability for listed side effects that may result from use of prescribed medications. While common side effects of treatments are discussed, patients are advised to always check the patient information leaflets supplied with prescribed products.
- Generally, within a skin treatment plan and package of care, there will be room for trial and error of medication. This is normal practice. Treatment failure of one drug is not uncommon and will not affect the patient’s overall care plan incurred.
- Every attempt will be made to ensure that the trial period and medication volume is kept to an absolute minimum. Longer courses will only be prescribed once response and tolerability are established.
- As a medical dermatology company, alternative or complementary medicine treatments are not provided or suggested. Such recommendations can only be made in light of available evidence as assessed by Diamond Skin Care Science and Technology Team
- All our discount offers are subject to availability and terms and conditions.
- Diamond Skin Care Ltd will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
- For your safety and that of others we ask that you read and adhere to the current Covid 19 guidelines, in order for your treatment to be carried out.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide Diamond Skin Care Ltd with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment.
- Diamond Skin Care Ltd will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
- The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Diamond Skin Care Ltd regarding the care of a treated area. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit Diamond Skin Care Ltd’s liability for death or any personal injury resulting from Diamond Skin Care Ltd negligence.
7. Privacy and consent
- Communication regarding a patient’s consultation and treatment will be sent to the patient’s GP unless the patient specifically requests that Diamond Skin Care Ltd withhold this information or do not provide the name and address of their registered surgery.
- By uploading image(s) via Diamond Skin Care website, consent is given for the image(s) to be stored in records and used for teaching purposes. Specific consent will be sought before images are used for medical publications or promotional purposes.
8. Your right to complain
- Diamond Skin Care is committed to providing a high quality independent dermatology healthcare service. Clinic staff recognise that there may be other occasions when patients may wish to complain about some aspect of the healthcare service which has been offered or received. If you feel you wish to discuss an issue, or indeed make a complaint, we would kindly ask that you bring this to the attention of a member of staff as soon as possible. Complaints can be made in person, by telephone, by fax, by letter and by email. This complaints procedure ensures that your complaint will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
If you wish to speak to someone about an aspect of the Diamond Skin Care healthcare service please try to do so as soon as possible, preferably before you leave the clinic premises. Staff will make every effort to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you will be advised on the process to make a formal written complaint.
All written complaints should be addressed to Head of Client Services at info. Please describe as fully as you can the nature of your complaint stating the following information.
- What you are unhappy about
- When the incident took place and
- What clinic staff were present at the time
Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within two(2) working days or receiving the letter, unless a full reply can be sent to you within five (5) working days.
Dr Rallan will carry out a full investigation of the nature of your complaint and offer to meet with you in order to resolve the issue(s). You will receive a full written response within twenty (20) working days of the complaint being received.
If a full response cannot be given within twenty (20) working days of receiving your complaint, will write to you to explain the reason for the delay and agree to a new time scale. You will receive a full written response within five (5) days of a conclusion being reached.
Care Quality Commission
If you are still unhappy about the outcome of your complaint, you may wish to contact the
Care Quality Commission, the organization that regulates Diamond Skin Care as an independent healthcare provider. The address is Care Quality Commission, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA (telephone 03000 616161). www.cqc.org.uk
Please be reassured that Diamond Skin Care will deal with all complaints confidentially and following investigation will consider making changes to the independent dermatology healthcare service to improve the services on offer to all patients.
Addendum – dated 1st February 2021
We will continue to operate our 48-hour cancellation policy, however, if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or self isolating due to exposure, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to re-arrange your appointment on 01603 819125.
- To allow for social distancing all patients are asked to arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to your appointment.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a consultation or treatment, if you present with what appears to be COVID 19 symptoms.
- The venues will operate a controlled entry system to manage the number of people entering our clinics. There will be limited numbers in waiting rooms. If the venue reaches the maximum capacity to allow social distancing, you may be asked to wait in your car until your practitioner is ready.
- Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment. Diamond Skincare Ltd will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance.
- To get the most out of your appointment, we ask that you are prepared for your treatment.
- You will be asked to comply with the current Covid 19 guidelines, which includes wearing a mask (which will be provided should you not have one), having your temperature taken and sanitising your hands on arrival.
- To support the current Covid 19 guidelines and allow social distancing we request that you attend the clinic on your own. If you require another adult to be present, you may be asked upon arrival the reason.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they provide Diamond Skin Care Ltd with all the relevant medical details prior to each treatment. If you or a member of your household has symptoms of COVID-19 and/or tested positive for COVID-19 you must not attend the clinic.
- If a member of your household develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive 14 days post your appointment, you must follow the government guidelines and let us know.
- If you are deemed to be on the at-risk group during COVID-19, you should consider whether to attend the clinic or not under the government guidance.